Total Visits

Saturday, February 19, 2011

Flippin' Flapjacks!

When I was nine, my Dad taught me how to make pancakes. Pancakes were always a weekend treat, especially when my Nanny would come over and make them.  Under the instruction of my parents and Grandmother, I could make a pretty mean batch of pancakes by adulthood.  The challenge of making them gluten free has been a bit of a struggle.  I think I may have found the right mix....


Pancakes

3/4 cup "Bisquick Mix" (see previous blog)
1-1/2 tbsp flax meal
1/2 tsp xanthan gum
1/2 cup milk
1 egg
1 tsp vinagar
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp oil

Mix in stand mixer or with hand mixer until well blended.  The mixture will be thick.

Scoop into a preheated frying pan with oil (hot pan, cold oil, my father always taught me).  Keep the heat at low-medium because they are thick they will take a few minutes to cook on each side.

Makes 5 pancakes (see picture) that are surprisingly fluffy!

No comments: