Total Visits

Friday, March 18, 2011

Gluten-Free Brownies

If there is one thing I know about my man, is that chocolate always makes him feel better!  He was feeling a bit under the weather tonight, so I thought some Brownies might cheer him up.  I had never attempted gluten free brownies before...so I thought there was no time like the present to get started.  The baking gods must have smiled on me, because they came out really good!  I took the plate shown above to the "kids" accross the hall (an awesome couple just finishing up University) for them to sample and for a study-snack.  I got 2 thumbs up. 
                                  So, confident it is blog-worthy, here it is!



Gluten Free Brownies!
These are cakey, chewy and not too sweet! :)
2 large eggs
1/4 cup canola oil
1/2 cup milk
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp Kahlua (optional)
1/2 cup Agave Nectar
1 cup white rice flour
1/2 cup potato starch
1 tsp xanthan gum
3 tbsp cocoa
2/3 cup white sugar
3/4 cup pecans
1/3 cup melted chocoate chips (about 1 minute in microwave)

Mix on medium speed until the batter is thick (it will be really thick!)  Spread into an 8" square baking dish and bake in a preheated oven at 350F for 40 minutes.

Allow to cool completely on a wire rack.  Slice the brownie "cake" in half so you have 2 8" squares.  Frost with favorite frosting!  Enjoy!




No comments: