Total Visits

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Stuffing

I have been spending some quality time with boxes, a tape gun, a sharpie and all of our stuff trying to get ready to move....

So - what and where am I eating while my favorite cooking tools are boxed away and my kitchen is cluttered?

To be honest, here's how I am eating on the fly:

Swiss Chalet - quarter chicken with steamed veggies
Wendy's - Baja Salad
Smitty's (a pancake house in town that has a great new gluten free menu)
Mom's - always something good cookin' there, and when she knows I am coming she takes extra care to make me something sans gluten (tonight was pork, baked potato and steamed veggies - YUM!)

At home, I am keeping it simple with eggs, tuna salad, pancakes made with El Peto pancake mix, GF cereal with banana, yogurt, fruit smoothies, and Glutino oreo-like cookies.  Hey - its only short-term right?  So, fast and easy and won't make me sick - and its all good!

For Easter - just sending the word out to be careful when it comes to ham and turkey which are sometimes injected with broths that contain gluten, so best to call the manufacturer if you aren't getting them from a butcher or store that knows for sure what's up. 

And of course, I need to share a recipe.

STUFFING
(again, keeping it simple - and seems appropriate that I am sharing a gluten -free stuffing recipe while I am stuffing boxes...)

3 cups of day old bread (see previous blog "bread, how I had missed you!"
1/2 cup of melted butter or GF margarine (to learn how to make your own butter see previous blog "butter")
1 sweet onion, chopped
1 heaping tbsp of summer savory (to taste)

Saute the onion in a frying pan with the butter or margarine.
Add savory.
Add bread crumbs and mix well

Wrap in tin foil and bake in oven for 30 minutes at 350F

Enjoy!

No comments: